Prep Time: 20 minutes • Total Time: 40 minutes • Servings: 12
Easter Recipes - Egg shapes with chocolate candies hidden inside. Give these Easter egg-shaped goodies a shake to hear the tasty surprise inside – M&M'S® candies! Read Nutrition Information.
- 12 Plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows... OR...
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
- Why use Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®?
1. Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
5. Place about 6 M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 6 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
To find out more about Kellogg's Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats, visit: http://www.ricekrispies.com/en_US/ recipes/hidden-surprise-easter-egg-treats.html#/en_US/recipes/hidden-surprise-easter-egg-treats.